Showing direction on a map
This activity focuses on developing map skills, chiefly, using direction to locate features on a map. It uses a map of the UK with the major cities on as its base so you become familiar with how touse direction with a map whilst also learning where the major cities of the UK and Northern Ireland are.
Using an atlas to identify features
Can you tell the difference between the British Isles, the United Kingdom and Great Britain? Did you think they were all the same thing? Luckily, this activity helps you to learn which countries comprise each different name. This activity then goes on to look at the UK in more detail.
Like our worksheets? Why not download the pack? All 12 activities.
These worksheets and activities help teach all about the UK through studying the geography of the UK. Whilst learning about the Geography of the UK, various geographical skills are covered too listed above in brackets. These worksheets are colourful and child friendly and made by the 3D Geography team. They come complete with answers and bonus activities which are unavailable on the 3D Geography website.
They focus on:
* The difference between the UK and Britain and England the Great Britain. (using online mapping software)
* UK cities word search
* The UK flag - colour in activity
* UK fact file template
* UK weather diary
* UK climate (drawing climate graphs)
* Showing direction on maps (giving directions)
* Locating major rivers of the UK on maps (marking features on maps)
* UK river word search
* Locating major mountain ranges of the UK on maps (Using online mapping software)
* UK wildlife (conducting research online)