This lesson looks at the drought in Cape Town, South Africa in February 2018. It comes complete with PowerPoint, worksheets, teacher notes and pupil self-assessment.
* The pupils first look at some background information on the drought in Cape Town, South Africa.
* They then discuss what they think the effects of a drought might be.
* They then conduct online research into more facts, causes and effects. supported with a worksheet to record learning on.
* The pupils then record their learning in the form of an essay with clear, structured help given as to what they should include in each paragraph of their essay.
* There is a self-assessment task which the pupils complete at the end of the essay writing stage.
Weather complete lesson 1