Outline of this lesson:
- This lesson looks starts off with a quick video from YouTube explaining what glaciers are.
- The lesson goes on to examine what is happening to glaciers around the world (shrinking) and what some of the reasons for this are.
- The pupils are set the task to create a Slides / PowerPoint presentation all about glaciers with an activity sheet provided to help pupils structure their work.
- Pupils have to research into ways in which they can reduce their CO2 footprint and they share these with the class in a discussion.
- There is a plenary activity and some success criteria for teachers that like to use them.
This lesson comes complete with:
- Activity sheet
- Teacher notes
- Success criteria for the pupils.
- plenary activity
Mountains complete lesson 2 - Glaciers