- What happens after a volcanic eruption.
- That responses to eruptions can be short-term or long-term.
- In this lesson, we start with a reminder of what occurs during a volcanic eruption.
- We then go on to look at the different responsibilities are expected of different groups of people during a volcanic eruption - the police services, the hospitals, the people that live nearby etc..
- We learn that responses can be classes as short-term and long-term and what these classifications mean.
- the pupils are tasked with classifying twenty different responses to an eruption into short-term and long-term responses.
- For a plenary, the pupils have to prioritise their short-term responses into order of importance.
Complete volcano lesson 3 - Responses to eruptions