All the vocabulary that you are likely to encounter when studying the geography topic of population. Complete with the correct geography definition. From birth rates and death rates to population distribution, we have all the population words you will need to know right here.
– the number of live births for every 1,000 of the population.
- the number of deaths for every 1,000 of the population.
- an area that is crowded with people.
- a measure of how close together people live in an area.
- a person who leaves one country with the intention of settling in another
- a person who arrives in a country with the intention of living there.
Downtown Los Angeles is a densely populated area. Los Angeles is the second biggest city in the US.
– the movement of people from one country to another country.
- a person who moves from one place to another to live or work.
- the movement of people from one place to another place to live or to work.
- when people of different ethnic groups, religions, languages and customs live and work together.
Population density can vary during the year. Beach resorts are densely populated during the summer and sparsely populated during the winter.
If the Sahara desert was a country, it would be the fifth largest country in the world. If countries were measured by population size, the Sahara desert would be one of the smallest countries in the world.
population growth rate
- things that discourage people from living in a place.
- how people are spread out over an area.
- a sudden rapid rise in the number of people.
- the increase in the number of people in an area
- a measure of how quickly the number of people in an area increases.
Densely populated areas have to deal with large numbers of people moving. Traffic jams can be a problem in some densely populated areas.
– things that encourage people to live in an area.
- people who have been forced to move away from their home country and are often left homeless.
- the movement of people from the countryside to the towns and cities.
- an area that has few people living in it.
The south pole is one of the most inhospitable places to live in the world. Few people live here due to the extreme conditions.